WAR ON GAZA
2 min read
Israeli drone strike kills child, wounds two Palestinians in Gaza despite ceasefire
A 13-year-old boy was killed and two civilians injured in an Israeli quadcopter strike in Beit Lahia, while ambulance crews recovered three bodies from earlier attacks in southern Gaza, according to medical sources.
Israeli drone strike kills child, wounds two Palestinians in Gaza despite ceasefire
FILE: Palestinians inspect the site of an Israeli strike on a house carried out in northern Gaza May 19 2026. / Reuters

A Palestinian child was killed and two people were wounded on Thursday in a drone strike targeting a civilian gathering in northern Gaza, according to a medical source, in the latest violation of a ceasefire in place since last October,.

The source said the body of 13-year-old Joud Dweik and two wounded people arrived at Al-Shifa Hospital after an Israeli quadcopter drone dropped a bomb on a gathering of civilians in the Beit Lahia area.

The attack was the latest in daily Israeli violations of the ceasefire agreement that took effect in Gaza on October 10 2025.

In a related development, ambulance crews recovered the bodies of three Palestinians who had been killed in earlier Israeli attacks in southern Gaza.

RelatedTRT World - UN rapporteur accuses Israel of 'gross disregard' over abuse of Palestinian detainees

Medical sources said two dead Palestinians were retrieved from areas where the Israeli army is deployed in al-Mawasi area of Rafah.

According to the sources, the two men were aid truck drivers and killed by Israeli army fire several days earlier. The circumstances of the attack remained unclear.

Medical teams also recovered the body of a Palestinian who was killed by Israeli army fire several days earlier in the Qarara area northeast of Khan Younis.

According to Gaza’s health ministry, at least 881 people have been killed and 2,621 others injured in Israeli attacks since the ceasefire.

The agreement was meant to halt Israel’s genocidal war that has killed more than 72,000 people, mostly women and children, injured over 172,000 since October 2023, and caused massive destruction that affected 90 percent of civilian infrastructure.

SOURCE:Anadolu Agency